Urgent Care Information Sheet
The Urgent Care Center is a fully staffed and operational walk-in clinic, in which we can provide care for your minor needs.
There is No Appointment Needed in order to be seen in the Urgent Care Center and we are Open 7 Days a Week to service your needs. The hours of operation are from 7:00a.m – 7pm Monday - Friday and 9:00am - 5:00pm. on Saturdays and Sundays.
For more information, please call (205)-930-3265 during normal clinic hours.
The Urgent Care Center is staffed for each shift with:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Patient Care Techs
- Medical Clerk
For all medical care above the level of the urgent care center, a transfer will be arranged by the medical team to a local area Emergency Room. If your condition is a true emergency, we ask that you go to the nearest emergency room by personal vehicle or emergency transportation as needed i.e. (if you think your condition will result in loss of life or limb). The urgent care is for minor illnesses and conditions only.
Here is a list of services that we offer:
- Treatment of colds, Flu, fever, coughing
- Migraines and headaches
- Sprains, strains and minor injuries
- Simple lacerations
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Skin Rashes / Acute Skin Conditions
- Simple Abscesses
- Glucose Screening
- Flu Shots
- Pink Eye / Conjunctivitis
- High Blood Pressure
- Clinic Referrals
The process of getting seen in the urgent care area has been adjusted to speed up the time it takes for patients to see providers. The process is:
- Register to be seen in the registration area which is within the waiting room of the urgent care center.
- After you register you will be called back and placed directly in a patient care area / patient room.
- Once in the room you will be assessed by clinical staff within 15 minutes to set your medical record up for the Doctors or Nurse Practitioners to see you.
- Once you have been assessed a provider will begin your treatment process. This may consist of labs, simple procedures or medications.
- Once your treatment has begun you will quickly be on your way towards discharge.
- All treatments will be assessed for effectiveness and appropriateness.
- You will be discharged with any prescriptions needed and we recommend that all patients call (205)930-3350 to make an appointment to see a Primary Care Provider as needed.