Jefferson County Commission
The Commission is the governing body of Jefferson County. The five Commissioners are elected from five districts within the County for four-year terms.
- Administer the County's finances
- Serve as custodians of all of the County's property
- Collect taxes as set by state law
- Allocate resources for the construction of buildings, roads and other public facilities
- Provide for the delivery of services that by law are the County's responsibility (such as sewer service and law enforcement)
- Make appointments to various governmental boards and agencies