Jefferson County Land Planning & Development Services
The core functions of Land Planning & Development Services include:
- Comprehensive Planning & Program Development
- Zoning Administration & Enforcement (including Rezoning & Variance application processing):
- Subdivision Administration;
- Construction Plan Review & Processing;
- Address Assignment and 911 Database support;
- Environmental Quality Programs (administration of the County’s floodplain regulations)
- GIS Mapping and historical research (aerial photography)
The Jefferson County Department of Land Planning & Development Services maintains the official zoning map of Jefferson County. ONLY LP&DS has the OFFICIAL zoning of unincorporated county property; zoning information obtained from ANY other source, including other County Departments, should be verified through LP&DS before taking any kind of action.
Jefferson County Courthouse - Suite 260
716 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Main Phone: (205) 325-5638
Addressing: (205) 325-5174
Fax: (205) 325-5224
Click here to visit our page for upcoming P&Z, BZA and JCC meetings and Public Notices of amendments and changes to the Zoning Regulations.
Regulations & Ordinances
Click here to visit our page of information about and copies of the Jefferson County regulations relating to LP&DS functions.
Click here to visit our page with printable brochures, forms and other publications with information about Zoning, Dividing Property, Enforcement, Floodplain and other functions of Land Planning & Development Services.
Click on the links below to download PDF versions of these documents:
Jefferson County Web Map (includes zoning)
CAPture - Citizen Access Portal (parcel information)